Statement of Policy:
The Academy is committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe establishment for all of our students so they can learn in a positive and secure environment. Bullying of any kind is unacceptable in the Academy. If bullying does occur, all students should be able to inform staff and be confident that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively.
The aims are:
- to prevent the occurrence of bullying;
- to create a positive and safe learning environment;
- to develop individuals’ self-esteem and respect for others ;
- to have a complete and consistent method for dealing with incidents of bullying;
- to resolve bullying by means of reconciliation, support, or sanctions which is directly linked with our Positive Behaviour Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy;
- and that;
- all members of the Academy community share an understanding of what is defined as bullying;
- all staff share a consistency of response;
- staff and students recognise the benefit of taking a stand against bullying;
- Governors, parents and other members of the local community are aware of the Academy’s policy on bullying;
- High level of awareness of the Antibullying Policy and its aims is maintained through INSET (in-service training), PSHCE, and the wider curriculum; and
- The Academy will seek national Anti-bullying accreditation.